The Trek Rail 7 is a long-travel electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analogue trail bikes, an upgraded fork, drivetrain, battery and more, plus a powerful new Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
Features a burly alloy frame with 150mm of rear travel that fully encases a 625 Wh battery, a 160 mm RockShox Domain RC fork, a powerful Bosch Performance Line CX (250 W, 85 Nm) motor that assists up to 20 mph (25 km/h in Europe) and a Purion controller. A smooth-shifting 1x12 Shimano Deore/XT drivetrain, dropper post, powerful Shimano 4-piston brakes for confident descents and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels that are already completely tubeless-ready, including sealant.
The Rail 7 features loads of upgraded parts, including the drivetrain, fork and wheels. But the biggest deal is that it comes with a long-range Bosch battery – which means more runs and more fun.
- Frame:Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armour, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12 mm thru-axle, 150 mm travel
- Rear Suspension:RockShox Deluxe Select+, 230x57.5 mm
- Fork:RockShox Domain RC, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, an oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- Motor:NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75Nm, magnesium body, 15.5 mph / 25 km/h max assist
- Battery:Bosch PowerTube, vertical, 625 wh
- Controller:Bosch Purion
- Number of Gears:12
- Gear Shifters:Shimano SLX 7100
- Chainset:Ethirteen Espec 34t 165mm
- Rear Cassette:Shimano Deore 6100, 10-51, 12-speed
- Chain:Shimano M6100, 12-speed
- Front Derailleur:N/A
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano Deore XT M8100
- Bottom Bracket:N/A
- Pedals:VP-536 nylon platform
- Rims:Bontrager Line 30, Tubeless Ready, 28-hole, Presta valve
- Front Hub:Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru-axle
- Rear Hub:Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, 6-bolt, Shimano microspline freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru-axle
- Front Tyre:Bontrager XR5 Team, aramid bead, 30 TPI, 29x2.50"
- Rear Tyre:Bontrager XR5 Team, aramid bead, 30 TPI, 29x2.50"
- Brakes:Shimano Deore 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Handlebars:Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise 780mm
- Handlebar Tape:Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on
- Headset:Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5"
- Stem:Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Saddle:Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138 mm width
- Seatpost:TranzX JD-YSP18, 150 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 445 mm length