A lightweight alloy frame, Shimano XT component spec and a premium RockShox suspension package make it the ideal ride for sendy bois who want a ridiculously fun bike for whipping around on ridiculously fun trails.
It's right for you if...
You like getting rowdy on rough trails. One or both of your wheels leave the ground often, and you want an alloy bike that's tough enough to handle whatever you throw at it. You don't shy away from gnarly trails. Your bike shouldn't either.
The tech you get
A light and tough aluminium frame with 150 mm of rear travel, a 160 mm RockShox Lyrik Select+ fork with a plush DebonAir spring and Charger 2.1 RC damper that gives you more adjustment and control. Plus, a Shimano XT 12-speed drivetrain for super-smooth shifting that's easy on the thumb, leg-saving lower climbing gears, a dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels that come completely tubeless-ready, including sealant.
The final word
It's our highest-end aluminium Remedy. The beefy alloy frame, 27.5˝ wheels, and premium suspension make it the perfect ride to dish out and stand up to some serious abuse on the trail. If you're measuring your rides in rad per pound, you won't do better than Remedy 8.
Why you'll love it
- This is our best blend of performance and value in the Remedy family: an alloy frame with the same spec as much higher-end bikes makes this model a smokin' deal
- Shimano XT delivers smooth, precise shifting with just a light touch of the lever
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- Wider is more stable: Remedy has clearance for up to 27.5x2.8˝ tyres
Trek Remedy 8 XT Mountain Bike Features
- Frame: Alpha Platinum Aluminium
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Select+, DebonAir spring, Charger 2.1 RC damper
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+, 230x57.5 mm
- Frame:Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, 150 mm travel
- Rear Shock (If Applicable):RockShox Super Deluxe Select +, 230x57.5 mm
- Fork:RockShox Lyrik Select +, DebonAir, Charger 2.1 RC damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, 160 mm travel, 46mm offset
- Number of Gears:12
- Gear Shifters:Shimano XT, 12-speed
- Chainset:Shimano MT611, 32T steel ring, alloy spider, Boost, 170 mm length
- Chainrings:30 or 32T
- Rear Cassette:ShimanoXT M8100, 10-51, 12-speed
- Chain:Shimano SLX
- Front Derailleur:N/A
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT 8100
- Bottom Bracket:Shimano Press fit
- Pedals:Not Included
- Rims:Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready
- Front Hub:Bontrager Line Comp 30, 6-bolt, Boost110
- Rear Hub:Bontrager Line Comp 30, Boost148
- Front Tyre:Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 27.5x2.50"
- Rear Tyre:Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 27.5x2.50"
- Brakes:Shimano4-piston hydraulic disc, M6100 lever, M6120 calliper
- Handlebars:Bontrager Line, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 780 width
- Handlebar Grips:Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Headset:Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top
- Stem:Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Saddle:Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Seatpost:Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm size specific drop
- Weight:M - 14.39 kg / 31.73 lbs (with tubes)